Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I like the idea of reviving the rating system. Here's the rubric I'm going to use:

1=not only was I not virtuous, I actually made myself and the rest of the world demonstrably worse
2=no virtue but no major negatives either.
3=average or slightly above average. Took care of my basic duties.
4=strong effort. Not only took care of my duties but was on-point throughout the day. If everyday were a 4, my life would be highly virtuous.
5=highest effort+virtue+excellent results. 5s will be rare, as they should be, and they will only be awarded on days when I do something truly exceptional, like a particularly virtuous act, or if I make a major breakthrough on a project as the result of pushing myself extra hard. These will be days where I either reach the highest level, or, better yet, actually redefine the highest level.

I will also be interested in posting monthly averages and other descriptive statistics. Days without posts will be treated as "2"s.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great. I'm afraid, however, that you will become busy and not take the time to post. So, why not set up email posting via the Blogger Dashboard? You can send an email to your Blogger account on your way back home every day or some other consistent time. At least, that could be your emergency method if you couldn't find a few minutes to write a brief via computer.

Just write the email even if there isn't a wifi connection. The next time a wifi connection is available (i.e. at your apartment) it will be sent out.