Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Rating for 9/5/05: 2.5

When I got to the library yesterday to rate 9/4, the internet was down, and I guess the IT guys were taking a day off for labor day. Some might consider this a bad omen--we'll see. I want my commentaries to be fresh, so I'll skip straight to 9/5.
Yesterday I got up late again, which I've been doing since returning from San Francisco. I think I'm still on PST, and I'm ashamed every morning when I finally rise, wash, eat, and then glance at the clock only to realize that the day is half over. This discourages me right from the start, not to mention the fact that I suspect that it makes a person lethargic to get up so late, even if they get their necessary quantity of sleep (I could be wrong about that). As the day went on, however, I was pleased with my ability to rebound in terms of my mentality. I achieved, and stustained for much of the day, a tranquil state of mind that was focused, yet not tyranical with myself. I took an extra long route on my bike ride home for the exercise and to enjoy the outdoors. In terms of concrete productivity, yesterday was difficult because of the holiday. I wanted to set up a bank account here, but I couldn't because the bank was closed. I wanted to contact Verizon about getting an internet connection, but I couldn't because no one was there. Combine these set-backs with the fact that the internet was down at the library meant, and I didn't get much done. I did organize my loan paperwork and get a fair amount of reading done in Vinland, a novel my dad picked up for me in Scotland.
I should stop, this isn't meant to be a journal.

No comments: