Saturday, February 17, 2007

Outcome: "Win"
Record: 129-10
Streak: Won 11

Summary: I think I just saw a tumble weed blow past me in the cyberspace of our web ring.
Today I kept plugging away on my projects, with leisure mixed in. I got up at 11, made omelets, coffee, and fruit plates, ate with Eva, started listening to WRTI and my own music, and drafted until now. I just took a break to grab a snack and write this, but then I'm going to get back into it. At 7 I'm going to an employee appreciation party for my work.
I like my drawings. It's satisfying to work so long on something and then to see the results compressed into a single, beautiful object.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll comment here, but this is regarding the previous post. One point I want to make is that Mr. Vetullo taught me the most valuable lesson in my entire secondary school career: always be prepared with something to do. It could be as simple as always having a book in your back pocket just in case you have to spend 10 minutes waiting for someone while picking them up or if the bus to work is delayed due to snow. You never know, so you should always have something to do and do it during those short periods when you otherwise think you can't accomplish much. The other point is related to Ben Franklin. We believe we have 50 or 60 more years of life left to dominate, but in reality that isn't true on a number of accounts. First, Ben Frankling basically gave up in the latter years of his life. From about 50 onward his productivity was not nearly like that of 23 - 45. The other possibility is that you never know what will happen in the future. Any one of us could be subject to disease or accident, so take advantage of the time while it is here. Maybe in 20 years we may reflect and wish we partied, but personally I doubt it. I will be the opposite and wish I had been more productive and stopped the comemdy with the young women.