Saturday, May 19, 2007

Outcome for 5/18: Win
Record: 2-0
Streak: Won 2

Summary: There were several things that I did poorly today: I woke up late, which meant that I was late for work; I was not relaxed and confident in my conversations; at times I made decisions without clearly deciding on the principle to make them; and I was extremely casual at night with my time. However, there are two big reasons I gave myself the win. #1, I never gave up or gave in. This may seem small, but I know for myself it's significant--there were two cookies I got from work (huge cookies), and I ate one at the time I received them as my one dessert for the day. Then I battled with myself to refrain from eating the other one. The temptation to say fuck it, it's Friday and I'm on break was tremendous, but I stuck to my principle, and more broadly, I kept trying to be virtuous. #2, as I mentioned, my primary goal right now is to relax and recharge, so the fact that I played Madden for hours and hours isn't a terrible thing. I should have been reading, but oh well, it's not the end of the world.

No comments: