Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Today was another good day, but I'm dissatisfied with my grading criteria. This has to do with an old objection that I had but I had forgotten about. Discipline is great, but it's a limited thing to focus on. Even if I follow all my orders exactly, did I go about things in the best way? What did I choose to spend my time on? How did I approach each of those things? I'm shifting to Excellent Days. While doing this, I'm not abandoning my struggle for discipline. An excellent day must be disciplined, or at least mostly disciplined. Things to think about: did this day strengthen or weaken my health? How about my financial picture? Happiness? Wisdom? Relationships? The state of the world? Can anyone else add some criteria?

1 comment:

Derek said...

Personal focus and short-term goals change constantly, and in order to deal with the fluid nature of these changes you must be able to adapt to your own whims and vices. If, when the day is done, you've not only accomplished your major tasks but also satisfied, to at least a small degree, your random whims and wants so long as they aren't detrimental in the long run, I think that could be considered a good day. A bad day? "I should be doing this right now.... but fuck it" multiple times.