Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Score: +1
Total: 21
Work hours today: ---
Work hours for the week: ---

Summary: I rebounded more or less from yesterday. I reviewed my system, reminded myself of the wisdom and experience that it was built upon, and recommitted myself. I also reminded myself that sometimes certain elements can be suspended to accomplish necessary short-term goals (although the whole system is required for a long-term, sustained effort). In particular, I'm suspending my "working hours" cap until I take me GRE. My plan is to make sure I cover the fundamentals, i.e., I'm going to make sure I get good sleep, eat nutritious meals, and get exercise. I will also take care of any necessary practical tasks that arise. Other than that, I'm going to spend all of my time studying. No leisure time until the test is over. I plan to take it the weekend after this weekend. After that I'll take a vacation to recover (I think that will be Thanksgiving weekend the following week, no? If so, that'll be perfect). So, for right now, I'm not tracking work hours, since there are no caps in place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to trivialize your efforts by any means. But don't you think you'll be looking back on this blog post one day and say, "My God, I actually gave a shit about the GRE?" I just find it kind of funny the way this whole system works. It's part of the reason why I decided to avoid grad school. I would feel as though I am a lab rat in a cage somewhere and some pezzonovante is pulling my strings getting me to jump through hoops and run on the training wheel. Great. Anyway, don't mind my cynicism. Good luck!