Sunday, August 24, 2008

I followed my schedule pretty closely for today. I got up, ate breakfast, cleaned the house for a bit, walked toward Kendall Sq while checking out the Carnival, went shopping for some clothes, went to the graduate student welcome BBQ, and did an hour of French.
Carnival was crazy. It was like the African festival in Philadelphia. The outfit the girls in the parade were wearing were insane. There was a lot of music and barbeque--it seemed cool.
Shopping was nerve wracking as always, but I'm happy with the way things turned out. Consciously selecting how to present yourself to the world is both exciting and scary. Anyway, I think it was fine.
The BBQ was nice. I went with John and met up with some other DUSPers. I also managed to meet some non-planning students, which was cool. Two were electrical engineers, one was in architecture, and another was in "science writing".
Tomorrow my orientation starts, which is crazy to think about. We have a variety of events, which all conclude around 7. After that point I need to call Direct Loan Servicing Center, go for a workout, call Citibank about deferring my SJC loans, do a bit of paperwork, and hopefully get to study Economics.

No comments: