Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Rating for 9/27: 5

Well, I did it. My alarm woke me at 8:00, and I didn't hesitate for a moment as I jumped out of bed and began brushing my teeth. By 8:15 I was running, which lasted until 9. While I was on my run, I picked up garbage that I saw on the ground and threw it away when I passed trash cans. Between 9 and 9:45 I washed a load of laundry, straightened up my room, made a plan for the day, and ate a healthy breakfast. By 10 I had showered, shaved, made a deposit, and dressed. Between 10 and 11:30 I brainstormed for the computer program, made sketches, and tried to organize my inital vision for it. At 11:30 I rode into town and met Eva for coffee. Between 11:45 and 12:30, I chatted with Eva about her classes and asked her what she thought about some of my game ideas. At 12:30 I rode to campus and wrote an e-mail to my landlord about the rent and skimmed the NYtimes. By 12:45 I was in the computer lab writing my game proposal for Dan. I think that I completed and sent that document around 2. After that I rode to a BB&T bank, with whom I have been wanting to set up a checking account, and filled out the paperwork and got set-up. I also spoke with one of their financial conselors about strategies concerning my school loan payements. After I was done at the bank, I rode to the barbershop and got my hair cut. Around 3:30 I returned home, immediately started preparing a light and nutritious lunch while I unloaded and folded the rest of the laundry. I ate quickly, and by 3:45 I was on the phone with my loan lender talking to them about consolidation plans. I figured out what I want to do with my loans as a result of the conversation. Afterwards I spend about half an hour taking care of some mundane business crap, and then I wrote some letters. I wrote one letter to my grandmother and one to my favorite restuarant in Santa Fe, asking them for the recipe for one of their entrees. At this point it was time for dinner (Ben cooked), and I ate dinner with my housemates. Afterwards, I read all of the documents that I was given by my new bank. Then I did my calisthenics workout for exactly half an hour, followed by 15 minutes of Plutarch's Lives, which I want to get in the habit of reading every day (it's like the ancient version of Ben Franklin's Autobiography). After reading, I drew up some sketches for the game to send to Dan, and after that, I worked on my novel until it was time to go to bed. Figuring that I would need to sleep for 8 hours, and that I was getting up at 8 the next morning, I was ready to fall asleep and in bed by 11:30.
As With Honors as this all probably sounds, I had an unexpected reaction to my first five. I'll elaborate in a follow-up post.

No comments: