Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Rating for 10/17: 3.5

I did well at work, rode my bike, enjoyed the weather, cooked dinner, cleaned up, wrote for a while, wasted some time, and took care of a small amount of administrative work. I would have liked to wake up earlier, exercise more, spend more time writing, and, as always, cultivate a more calm and focused mentality. I impair myself with various neuroses and concerns that, while not major problems, compromise my ability to live well. I'm still deciding whether or not this is the place to write more extensively about that, and other things, like my thoughts lately on productivity and virtue. I plan to make a serious effort to post every day. I also discovered a library branch near my house, which will give me an alternative means to post on days when the school server is down. Here's a great quote I found:
" I know that most men...can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the very fabric of their lives." --Tolstoy

Very SJC. I'm going to get some Emerson from the library because I've been thinking about his essay that was read for seminar last year. I've also been enjoying Debussy, as usual. He's probably my favorite composer/musician at the moment.

No comments: