Friday, October 21, 2005

Rating for 10/20: 3

I got up, went to work, kicked ass at work (actually, I made more tips yesterday than any other day prior), biked home, cooked dinner, had a quality meal (I finished early so that the house could have more time to relax and talk together), but after that, my efforts declined. I cleaned up slowly and stopped in the middle to listen to jazz on the couch for a while. Not that listening to music isn't good, because it is, but I feel like I need to use as much of my free time on my projects as I can. After that I decided to skate to get exercise, but in retrospect, given the little amount of time I had left in the day, I should have done a more intense, compact workout, like the combat calisthenics I learned at school, which could have been completed with benefit in 15-30 minutes. Instead, as I said, I skated, which lasted about an hour. On top the fact that as an exercise it isn't as great as the calisthenics in terms of time to benefit ratio, I was skating scared, which just frustrates me. I wasn't able to do basic tricks that shouldn't be a problem, and it made me pissed off. When I came back in I had little energy and a weakened morale, so I read for a while and then fell asleep on the couch. I didn't end up working on my book or reading Joyce.

No comments: