Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Outcome: "Win"
Record: 10-0
Streak: 10

Summary: I burned some energy today stressing, which is never good, but ultimately I prevailed. It was a close one, mainly because circumstances kept arising that were obstructing or complicating my plans. I was basically in a 4th and long situation at one point, and I connected on a 50 yard pass to my better half, who made a leaping catch, stumbled, almost fell, regained his balance, juked past the defender, and ran with the ball straight into the endzone! (It's Eagles season, and while I think spectator sports have, in some ways, evolved into a grotesque form, I still love watching the Eagles and sometimes I even draw inspiration from it). I exhibited enough patience and flexibility to triumph, and now I'm ready to sleep and tackle my projects again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Derek said...

Nothing grotesque about the Eagles dominating! Hell yeah! They are an inspiration considering I feel elated for the following week after they win, and of course this seeps into alot of crevices regarding my being and lifts spirits in general.

Chris said...

I hear what you're saying, but the ugly side of that phenomenon, for me, is that when they lose, I can potentially be ruined mentally for the new few days. Maybe once they lose (if they lose!), I'll get my first loss.