Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Outcome: "Win"
Record: 64-2
Streak: Won 8

Summary: Oops, I guess I added one to the loss column as well as the win column last night. Today was the normal stuff. I went to yoga again, which is nice, but more of a straight workout than a stretch. One of the tutor's at St. John's asked me some question once when I didn't want to do something. The question went something like, "Is it (your not wanting to do it) because of the task itself, or because of your resistance to it?" It almost seems like a silly thing to say. But in the years since then, I think about it sometimes, and I think the implied idea, which is that your arbitrary resistance to a thing makes it difficult and not the thing itself, is a profound and enabling idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's called attitude. I wish I fully understood the psychology of attitude, but basically people like to resist. It takes a certain something for them to have a positive attitude and say, "Yeah!"