Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Outcome: "Win"
Record: 113-8
Streak: Won 6

Summary: Motivational thought--what if the fate of humanity depended on you? Or, before you say "fuck it" and get a raspberry mocha, make sure you're OK with the idea that you're shrugging off the course of the world by succumbing to that opiate-like haze.
Today was a day of exceptions, because unexpected things happened. My car malfunctioned last night while leaving school, so I didn't get home until very late. Thus, I gave myself an excused absence from the dining room table during morning pages time. Then, after work, I had to deal with the car and get it to a garage, which ate up a ton of time. Even with my modified schedule, I still did all right: bike, work, weight at 172, French, homework, cleaning, and later I will do a bit of admin, probably tax return. I came perilously close to losing today, because partially through work I started thinking, "dude, today is so fucked up because of the car and because of ... (yet another thing that happened which I won't get into here), so just chill for today, and get back on the horse tomorrow." Then the thoughts from above occurred to me, and I decided to act as though the fate of the world depended on me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've tried that mentality for the longest time now. The problem is that it is like anything you do: it is simple to see the immediate results (i.e. endulging in a raspberry mocha) but very difficult for us humans to comprehend the potential long term results. Potential is also a keyword there, because you aren't certain of the future results which makes it more difficult.