Saturday, June 23, 2007

Ambition vs. health. It's tough to balance these interests, which often conflict. Sometimes I want to redo Artist's Way for the sake of health, but the time commitment would mean that I couldn't do anything else, including work on the domain name. Is it worth it? Putting aside the argument that doing the program again would ultimately enhance my creativity and thus allow me to fulfill my ambitions, I'm conflicted about this. Part of me thinks, "Just do the domain, then finish the book, and then your extra projects will be done and you can reduce your work load down to one thing--design and planning." The problem is that projects always come up and I always heap tasks upon myself. Specifically, as it concerns the present moment, it seems silly to throw away the opportunity to be a part of the website just to get a few extra hours right now. That's potential financial independence, at the low cost of maybe 20 hours. At least I worked like a champion today.

No comments: