Sunday, June 15, 2008

*POST FOR SATURDAY JUNE 14*
Items Added to Task List: 0
Items Removed from Task List: 0
Items Combined With Other Tasks: "Getting CSA in Boston" eliminated and moved under, "Boston Move"
Active Items Remaining: 35

Summary: I went to a going away party for Eva and one of our mutual friends. She wanted me to go, and it seemed like the decent thing to do, but it was surprisingly upsetting. I had to leave early, actually. I had a ride there, but I left and walked home, from around 8th and Fairmount. I don't want to get into this too much on here, but it's tough, and it's making it more difficult to be on point.
I mostly was disciplined today, with a few exceptions: I had too many desserts at the party before leaving (though the walk back mitigated that), and I watched two episodes of the Wire, when I really only wanted to watch one, and maybe I shouldn't have watched any. However, I finished my preparations for tomorrow, worked out, mostly ate healthfully, thoroughly cleaned the kitchen, read more articles for 30 minutes, finished the French, and did some planning for Father's Day. With the completion of today's French, I have now completed Living Languages French Beyond the Basics for the second time. I might do it a third time at some point, since I think I still haven't mastered everything in the course.
My task to focus on today was getting new shoes. I spent a while looking on-line and visited two shops, but no one had anything that I was looking for. I'll have to pick that task up again at a later time. I don't feel bad for not finishing that, since I put in a good effort.
The one thing I do feel bad about is not spending time setting my computer up with the network. That should have been worked on during the hour when I was watching the second Wire episode. Oh well. Honestly, I was close to making a chip, soda, and Tastykake run on Old Nelson's and giving up for the night after I walked back from the party, so the fact that I rebounded at all is decent.

Plan for tomorrow: Get up at 10:45, eat, get ready, go over my notes from 12-1, teach from 1-3:30, and then after that the day could go one of two ways. One possibility is that we do something for Father's Day tomorrow, in which case most of the rest of the day will be spent on that (traveling to Media, eating, traveling back--easily 4.5 hours). The other possibility is that we do something at a later date, and I spend tomorrow afternoon working on things.
In the first scenario, upon returning, I would take care of the essentials. This means planning meals, food shopping, doing laundry, making a CVS run, and setting my agenda for the week.
In the second scenario, I might be able to knock off several of my tasks on the to-do list. These include: getting soap, getting cellophane tape, ordering/picking up a new pair of shoes, setting up the printer, copying recipes, getting a book for keeping copied recipes, as well as doing the other things I mentioned in the first scenario.

No comments: