Friday, August 08, 2008

I'm back where it all started. Right now I'm in the St. John's College library in Annapolis writing this post. This is the exact seat where I was sitting 3 years ago when I started using the blog. Back then I no job, car, internet, or phone. A lot has changed since that time, mostly for the better. I can still remember exactly how I felt then--overall, I'm glad it's now and not then.
On Wednesday I hung out with Dan. That night we went to Horizons, which was sweet. I thought Dan would be blown away by the Seitan BBQ wings, but he didn't think they were that great. He did, however, really like the setain steak, so that was good.
Yesterday I came up to Annapolis. I said hi to my old co-workers and then went over to Andy and Laurel's for dinner and to stay over. The 3 of us plus Jin played Badminton in the yard and just generally had a nice time hanging out and talking.
Today I came back into Annapolis with Andy, said bye to my co-workers, and in a bit I'm going to meet up with Mark and hang out for the day.
There's an opening for a research position at school that offers full tuition reimbursment and a stipend, so I'm definitely applying. I bet the competition will be tough, but whatever, I'm going to apply and see what happens.
PS: the Baltimore Greyhound station is still an insuffrable dump.

2 comments:

Derek said...

Is there a greyhound station that isn't a dump?

Anonymous said...

Well, I think it has a lot to do with the actual flavor of the meat. Just covering it in "condiments" didn't do much for me. This is why I think you like the human beef from China Palace in Pittsburgh -- I've wiped off all of the sauce and tasted the soy protein raw. It tastes delicious alone. -Dan