Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Rating for 9/19: 4

Before I talk about my day, I want to encourage Dan to continue posting. Why not post? Is it because it takes too much time? If that's the reason, remember that you suggested resurrecting the system as a means to stimulate the participants in their respective pursuits of virtue. It's meant to increase productivity, among other things. So posting is like running--even though it literally takes some time away from other things, it ends up making you more productive when you're working, so the benefit outweighs the cost, understanding time and energy as cost and improved overall performance as benefit. Are you suspending the posts due to shame? The system is weak if it only works during prosperous times. It should force you to be accountable for your endeavors, whether or not they are succesful, especially when they are not succesful, because that's precisely when you need the boost that the system is meant to provide. Keep up the volley damn it.
About my day: I figure that if I ride my bike and put in a day of work, that day must get at least a 3, no less. In addition to doing those things, I made a good dinner for the house, cleaned almost everything before I actually finished, and began reading before eight. I'm studying Joyce's early literature to emulate his use of language in my novel. I took a bunch of notes and observed several helpful points of style. I also brainstormed for the computer game. The only negatives yesterday were that I got up too late again and rushed through my morning routine, and that I became drowsy while I was studying and ended earlier than I had planned.

No comments: