Thursday, January 19, 2006

I'm going to rate myself using two systems for now--one will be the shared system, based on Ben Franklin's virtue list, and the other will be a modified form of my + and - system. I like the former because it gives me an occasion to reflect on my daily ethical behavior, which is essential, and I like the latter because it hammers home the point that I need to make my dreams reality. The modification to the + and - system is that it will only have three total scores--advancing, staying the same, or regressing. The application of those should be self-evident from their names. My commentary will be a justification of my score. Things like cleaning, dishes, making food, etc., will not be discussed unless they teach me something that I will use later or materially improve me in some other lasting way. That stuff is important and will be reflected on the ethics list, in categories like order and cleanliness, but they won't appear here.
1/19: Advancing
I quit my job at the SPCA, and I have started searching for a better job. Today I sent out two resumes, and networked with a former supervisor. My networking looks promising already--it might land me a job at a law firm in DC. Either way, what I did today in terms of job searching was essential to advancing my professional and financial standing. Yesterday I filled out several applications, and already I have two offers. By next week I should be working.
I ate moderately today and exercised, which should bring me closer to my health ideal.

No comments: