Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Outcome: "Win"
Record: 23-0
Streak: 23

Summary: One way we can motivate ourselves is through inspiration. I'm including changing the way you think about something in the term inspiration. When inspiration is available, it can be a powerful force. The problem with it is that it isn't always available, and when it's not, you must have a strong willpower and a clear rational grasp of what you're doing. In moments like that you simply must power through your tasks. Today was a good example of this. During the day I meditated on some principles that made me feel great about my situation, and thus I worked very hard without difficulty. At night the feeling stopped, and I couldn't bring it back, but I still had stuff to do. I basically accepted my shitty feeling and said to it that I don't care if it's there, because either way I'm going to get done what I want to get done. And I did, just powering through. Having that power is largely based on sleep, exercise, and nutrition, as far as I can tell.
Worked well, wrote for an hour, got an hour overtime, and spent 45 so-so minutes on plan b. That isn't a huge deal because I'll get that hour later this week.

No comments: