Friday, October 27, 2006

Outcome: "Win"
Record: 26-0
Streak: 26

Summary: Friday's are tough because often I have a big chunk of time where I'm just sitting by myself in my house with the intention of writing or doing research. If there's ever a situation where I'm prone to fucking up, that's it right there. But I kept up my effort. I put in my time at work, even getting a half hour extra for next week, finished a long lesson 6 in French (I've been working on that every day even if I don't write about it), wrote to admissions at Penn about one of their programs, contacted the Department of Natural Resources in Maryland to see about internships, took down some information about classes, and wrote two chapters in the book. After posting I will probably order a printer and write a thank-you note to my granddad.
Yeah, being fat is morally shameful, unless it is caused by an actual illness or some other unavoidable condition. There was a day when I was sitting on a bench in one of the busiest sections of Annapolis, and for about 30 seconds there wasn't a single, non-fat person in my field of vision. I was totally shocked. I don't know what made me think about it, but when I did, I was blown away by the fact that out of probably hundreds of people in front of me, 100% of them were fat.
I understand the temptation of food and the difficulty of exercise, and I even felt like I might have been able to consider myself fat for a little while last year, but it's still shameful. Addressing that has been one of the focal points of my new program. Speaking of which, I weighed myself today and I dropped another pound, so I'm down to 178 after starting at above 200. And that weight loss is just from eating better, not necessarily from going to the gym. I jog sometimes and ride my bike, and I also try to scale this wall by my apartment every time I pass it, but I don't go to the gym.

No comments: