Sunday, December 10, 2006

Outcome: "Win"
Record: 66-4
Streak: Won 2

Summary: I did my morning pages, watched the Eagles game (GO EAGLES!), paid my credit card bill, put some systems in place that should take care of our mouse problem, picked up ice cream for Eva, did a parkour climb on the wall next to my front door each time I went in and out, wrote my check to keep the Gross Clinic in Philadelphia, prepared my lunches for next week, and read my Artist's Way lesson for next week. This week there's a short exercise to be completed each night before going to bed, so those will be accomplished starting tonight.

Week in Review: This was a weird, tough week. I tweaked my system and refreshed it in my mind, so that should give me a boost. I think I need to get tougher fundamentally. It's great when I can approach my days with happiness and a good attitude. But sometimes I just can't. And when I can't, what do I fall back on? I need to become like a demon, just attacking my shit, putting my head down and plowing through. I need intensity, hate even, if that allows me to stick to my schedules. This needs to happen, and again, I'd prefer if it could happen easily, happily, and with a constant serenity, but in the moments when the options are raging demon or saying fuck it and giving up, and I'm going to go with the raging demon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems that really what we need is for us (probably single) virtue seekers to be in the same place. The blogs are a form of competition, but really they lack the genuine reality necessary for direct motivation.