Sunday, January 21, 2007

Outcome: "Win"
Record: 105-7
Streak: Won 8

Summary: Today was so glorious. This was totally perfect. Just relaxing all day, getting up late, eating fresh scones, jam, and tea, reading Philadelphia magazine, went for a long walk in the snow, ... , made a stir-fry, now we're going to walk to the movie store, get ice cream and a movie, and watch that until bed time.

Weekly Summary: First of all, in response to Dan's challenge: I don't want to do it. "My answer is no, and my no is final". I'll tell you why. I have come to believe that our vitality requires kindness and forgiveness from ourselves, and to strive for such a controlling state is harsh and destructive. I obviously value discipline, but an intelligent discipline which is flexible and forgiving. Having come to this conclusion, one thing I am going to start doing next week is factor these virtues into my decision about whether or not I "won". In other words, a win, from now on, will not only require discipline and a hardcore work ethic, but it will also require flexibility, forgiveness, and kindness.
This week was great, perfect in a way. I did everything I wanted to. Well, actually that's not entirely true, since last night I ended up using the whole night to work on my homework assignment for class, which meant that I didn't get a chance to read. This is unfortunate, but I'm not going to penalize myself for it, since I used the time for something else which is actually more pressing at the moment. Hopefully next week I can read more. I just want to make sure that I do the same thing next week as far as freeing up Sunday completely, so that I can have another day as restful as today.

No comments: