Sunday, March 23, 2008

Items on Task List: 27

Summary: I worked on my budget, planned some dishes to cook for next week, made a grocery list, mailed out some letters, did laundry, worked out, cleaned up from dinner, hung out with Eva, did some logistical planning for upcoming visits and trips, and worked on my HTRAB worksheets for 30 minutes (I finished the Inspectional Reading check-list).
I was irritable most of the day, though in the last hour or so I've felt all right. The work-out felt very strenuous.

Plan for Tomorrow: There are a couple of high priority things that need to happen. First, I need to contact the planning firm to see if I can set up a time to visit them. Second, I need to start scheduling visits to Penn. Third, I need to find a dentist. I'll take care of 1 and 2 right away after breakfast tomorrow. 3 might wait until later in the day or even Tuesday, depending on how much other work I get done. I still need to work my normal hours for Kaplan tomorrow.
Additionally, I plan to exercise, go food shopping when Eva gets home, make a deposit at the bank, and finish my budget. That should be more than enough for one day.

Goals for the Coming Week: On a basic level, I want to complete an entire week with a disciplined and healthy routine. That means going to bed at a reasonable hour (and waking up early), staying within my dietary constraints, exercising, mostly eating and cooking homemade meals from whole ingredients, hygiene, and not falling behind on any cleaning. Just doing this will be huge and will give me some positive momentum.
Speaking of routine activities, I would like to do 2 French lessons next week since I skipped one this week, but I'm not going to stress about it too much.
Next, I need to start thinking hard about my grad school options. I should hear back from Berkeley this week, but the main thing I want to do is meet with some planners in the private sector, discuss my options with them, and attend some Penn classes and studios. In two weeks I'll be at the MIT open house, and I'll need to come to a decision soon after that. That means my Penn visits need to happen mostly this week and next.
I don't plan on working on my book until I make a decision about school. One thing at a time.
Another thing I want to accomplish next week is finding a place to volunteer. I slacked off for the most part this weekend and didn't look into it, so that's on the agenda for next week. Other items from the task list that realistically can be tackled next week include buying a Britta filter and calling about Penn's anxiety disorder study. I'm also going to try to schedule a painting session (hopefully the final one) with Josh next weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the book is back in your sights.