Monday, July 28, 2008

I visited my sister and her boyfriend in Devon, which was cool, but the dietary discipline flew out the window for that time. Once I got back, I studied my lesson, biked to Temple, taught my class, biked home, got Radio France working on my computer, made a round of beans, rice, and vegetables that should last a few days, planned my trip to Annapolis, made granola, e-mailed some people, and next I'm going to read and go to bed.
Tomorrow I want to work on securing my alternative loan, get in a good exercise session, and work on my academic pre-work. I basically have the entire day to get stuff done, which should be fantastic.
Watched L'Avenue Montagne, which was good. The visuals were pleasing and the characters were charming, but the narrative seemed a bit weak. Apparently Paris Je T'Aime is the same movie except way better.
I spoke to Eva tonight. It was nice to talk to her but it was weird as I would have expected. I actually don't want to get too much into stuff so personal on here.
While I was eating I listened to Charlie Parker's Complete Verve Bop Quintets. It's so good, but I'm in such an undeveloped stage in my understanding of jazz. With regard to jazz, I'm in the same place as I was with regard to classical music in about 2001. At least I know some of the basics, I love it, and--thank you Mr. Franklin--there are glorious libraries making CDs like the aforementioned freely available to me.

No comments: