Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm posting early because I expect to come home late tonight from proctoring, and since I'm getting up early for work, I want to be able to go straight to bed.
This morning I prepared my loan documents as far as I was able, created an internet posting to sell my drafting board, made a flyer for it, biked to Penn, Drexel, and CCP to post my flyer, did some push-ups once I got back, continue analytically reading the Klosterman article, checked my e-mails, and after this I'm going to make some dinner and go to the Kaplan center.
It was cool seeing Drexel and CCP more in depth than I had previously. Each is an entirely separate world of students, teachers, projects, concerns, money, etc. Like discreet cities within the city. Penn gets most of the exposure, but the others seemed quite vibrant (at least socially).
Analytical reading is so rewarding. Sometimes I wish I could go through St. John's again and spend even more time analyzing and carefully reading the books. I mean, I did well, but it fell short of my ideal vision of Program immersion. In any case, it's gratifying to be resuming my reading activities in some form similar to that at St. John's, though I think the pieces I'll read from now on won't be as colorful or as imaginative.

No comments: