Monday, December 25, 2006

Outcome for last three days: "Win, win, win"
Record: 81-4
Streak: Won 17

Summary: This has been an incredible Christmas break. Traffic was a breeze on Friday coming up here, and when I arrived, I had a delicious meal at Pinnochios and accomplished my shopping in one quick and pleasantly nostalgic trip to Granite Run. Then the next day, Dan and I made an awesome tour of Philly. Started at 30th street, walked to the Cira Center, clipped the corner of the Penn campus, walked over the South Street Bridge, walked up the Schuykill trail around the back of the Art Museum, walked up the Parkway, stopped at Eakins Oval, got a La Colombe, walked through Rittenhouse, checked out the Gross Clinic, which was amazing, walked to Sarcone's, where I enjoyed a hoagie (Dan thought it was garbage), walked down 9th Rocky style, checked out Passyunk Square, walked back up Passyunk, went to Borders, studied and talked, walked down Broad to South, admired the architecture, got a Lorenzo's, ate at Harmony, rode the R3 back, drove around with Derek, and then watched Rocky 6. Right there, that was awesome. That was almost as cool, in one day, as last year's Boston/New York trip was in 4 days. Go Philly.
Next day: I got up liesurely, hung out with Aaron for a while, did Christmas presents and stuff with my family, and then I drove to Josh's house in Havertown, got Wawa, played Resident Evil 4, and then beat Mega Man 1 and 6. That was a nice day with family and friends.
Today: Got up and had the family Christmas party at the house. Very nice. And then, of course, I got to witness the Eagles dominate the Cowboys and deliver one of my best Christmas presents ever. Tomorrow I go back, and while I'd like to stay more, it was an awesome weekend, with Philly showing up like a champion. We saved the Eakins, our city is awesome, Rocky's actually all right, and the Eagles are currently the division leaders.

No comments: