Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Outcome: "Win"
Record: 82-4
Streak: Won 18

Summary: It was depressing driving southbound on 95, away from Philly. Ugh. But I came back, and I did a nice job getting back into the program. Actually, I maintained a near-perfect state of mind for much of the day. I was calm, feeling no anxiety, yet at each moment I was being deadly efficient, just doing each task without protest or distracting thoughts, applying the most rational strategy that presented itself to me.
My weight was bad--179.6--but not as bad as I expected. I gain weight very fast. I once gained over 10 pounds in 5 days while visiting San Francisco. Now I'm back on track, and I know for sure that there will be no delays between now and when I hit my goal. I did a solid hour on "b", 1/2 hour cleaning, 1/2 hour planning for something, 45 minutes on AW, and I made my lunch, had dinner, etc. I wish I could maintain my current state of mind forever. It's like I know for sure that I'm going to get to the pinnacle, and I'm not worried or stressed or panicked, because I just know it's going to happen. It's like having faith, maybe. I'm rolling, one day at a time. I'm applying Andy Reid and Rocky's strategies: Andy Reid's in the sense that I'm focusing on one day at a time, not getting too high or too low, treating myself with respect, and taking the attitude that I don't have time to despair or look for moral victories. Rocky's in the sense that I'm going to keep going at it no matter how many times I get knocked down. I feel like if you have the right state of mind, you could get knocked down an infinite amount of times and it would phase you less than a person with a worse attitude if they got hit just once. Maybe this is some Marcus Aurelius shit too. But I'm reminding myself that only I can make myself despair and give up, and nothing else matters--not the number of victories or failures. That's the way to victory in the long run.

No comments: