Friday, December 29, 2006

Outcome: "Win"
Record: 85-4
Streak: Won 21

Summary: Almost a 5-day under the old system. So I have this co-worker who is an immigrant from Malaysia, and he's an awesome dude. Hanging with him is definitely one of the pluses about going to work. Anyway, he gave me one of the best compliments anyone has ever given me. We were moving a bunch of really heavy shit from a storage locker for several hours. At one point, as we were straining to get this old fridge into the van, he goes, "Dang man...you crazy, you're like Rocky Balboa!" That was amazing. That's not a bad comparison at all, except I hope I'm not as dumb as Rocky is. Another story about this dude: he uses the phrase "action packed" for so many things, and I think it's great. Like, if we page our pseudo-secretary, and she gets back to us very fast, he says, "Wow ____, you action packed!" Or if an order is extraordinarily large, it's "action packed". The Redskins this year, which is his team, are not action packed. I myself strive to have action packed days, and by action I mean conscious living.
I rocked my morning pages, biked, worked, finished my French for the week, got a crazy workout at work, weighed in at 175, biked home, made some deposits (inorganic), dropped off the rent, performed other miscellaneous tasks, plowed through a large section of the GRE book, wrote an e-mail for "b", spent several hours doing AW exercises, read Fate by Emerson, and now I'm going to watch Un Long Dimanche de Fiancailles and go to bed. I'd say it was an action packed day.
Oh, one more thing: so I remember that plan that Dan and I had about blasting Wu-Tang every morning in the apartment and jumping up and down on each others heads if we didn't get up. What would be even better, I think, is to have the theme song from Rocky set to start blaring at a certain time, say 6, and just wake up the apartment that way. ...dah-dah-danna-dah-danna-dah-danana...DAH-DAH-DANNA-DAH-DANNA-DAH-DANANA...and so on. I was hearing that shit blasting in my head this morning when I woke up, and I was so fired up, I probably could have tackled Brian Westbrook in the open field. I rode my bike with so much intensity, it was great. That would be the realest shit. Every day would be action packed.
*Update* Wow. Holy shit. How have I not heard of this movie? Check it out, seriously. The English title is A Very Long Engagement. It'll make you feel like an even bigger asshole for ever wasting a day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rocky B.: Internationally known as a hero, successful business owner, likes to come up with fantastic quips about life.

Chris H.: Known by Lee Goldsmith as "a fucking genius," works at a coffee distributor, likes to talk about making organic and inorganic deposits.

How are we defining intelligence here?