Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: discipline is my biggest shortcoming right now. I think my discipline is good, relatively speaking, but there's no reason why it can't be 100%. Dan advocates working 100% of our waking hours. I think this is impossible because of energy constraints on the body and the mind. However, I do think that it's possible to be 100% disciplined, which means that your calm, rational mind must give consent to every action before it happens. Does it take energy to muster force of will? When I put it like that, it sounds like it does. Who knows, maybe this is impossible, but I'm shooting for that goal.
Maybe I'll start a count of disciplined and non-disciplined days. To get a disciplined day, I need 100% discipline. I need to be like a fucking Roman soldier, iron willed, no weakness in my executive capacities. If I can continue to be perceptive and intelligent (allowing me to make good plans), and I can combine that with iron discipline (allowing me to methodically carry out my plans), then, "that's when you know it's on".

Disciplined days: 0
Non-disciplined days: 1

No comments: