Monday, February 18, 2008

It was tough to wake up early, but I did it, and I hope that now I'll be back on a more respectable time-table. Soon I'll be going to bed.
Breakfast was good, although a bit slower than I wanted because I had to make my hard boiled eggs for the week. However, now the rest of my breakfasts should be a lot faster with less clean up. The coffee was invigorating, but it gave me the jitter.
In the morning I slogged through HR trainings and documents for Kaplan. Actually, that lasted until the early afternoon. I ate some vegetable goyoza from TJs for lunch. By the end of my 8 hour session, I was practicing some lesson pages.
After work I worked out at the Mark Ward playground. Last week was sloppy in terms of my diet and exercise, so I'm set back about a week or more in terms of my abilities (I'm heavier than I was last week, so I can't do as many pull-ups, for example). After working out, I switched into turbo mode to get ready for cooking.
Basically Eva and I decided that I'm going to make the majority of the meals for a while. We're doing this so I can improve my skills and get more accustomed to eating complete, healthy dinners. I designed dinners for the rest of the week, went shopping, and made the food for tonight. We had mixed greens with a mustard vinegarette, roasted butternut squash and green beans with beurre blanc sauce, raisin pine nut bread, and lemon pudding. I made the first two, and Eva made the second two. It turned out well. The sauce was awesome right when I finished, but then it started congealing, so I put it back on the heat, and then it separated. It was a bit of a debocle, but it still came out pretty well.
Now I'm exhausted and ready for bed. I want to read What is the What for at least 30 minutes.

Plan for tomorrow: have another good start, prep my lessons from 8-4, workout, clean the bathroom, deal with any mail, clean up in the kitchen, start dinner, then after dinner check e-mail, post, read, and go to bed.

No comments: