Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Items Added to Task List: 1--"Read and respond to Pennfuture e-mail"
Items Removed from Task List: 0
Items Remaining: 38

Summary: I stuck to my schedule, although I didn't finish my letter; dinner took longer than expected, and I got a little lax just now as I was checking my e-mail First of all, with dinner--Dan will love this--I spent 3 hours just cooking it. Altogether it was a 4 hour affair. A lot of it was because of my inexperience. For one thing, I spent nearly 1 hour messing with the tofu because I didn't prepare properly. You're supposed to cut it before freezing it and then thaw it out before using it, and then dry it. I froze it right in the package, and only took it out 1/2 hour before I wanted to cook. So when I pulled it out, I had to melt the ice, and then draining it took forever. The end results were mostly good. I made broiled tofu with a Thai coconut curry marinade and leeks with a mustard vinaigrette.
It's important not to be rushed or become overwhelmed during the day. It wastes energy. To remedy this, I implemented the task list system to get things out of my head and on paper, if they fall out of the 5 minute threshold. Also, I have been trying to give each task enough time to complete it comfortably. That doesn't mean I go slow--my ideal pace is vigorous yet calm. It's important to be honest about the time requirements of things. Getting up, getting ready for the day, and eating breakfast takes me an hour almost exactly, for example. Posting and e-mail takes at least 20 minutes, although I started messing around while I was checking my e-mail tonight, so I couldn't properly test its time requirement.

Plan for tomorrow: Get up at 8, start working at 9, work until 5, work-out from 5-5:30, go out to dinner with Eva's acquaintances, continue work on my letter, read and respond to the latest Pennfuture e-mail, and do my normal bed time routine. Extra time will be used for reading, which has been lacking lately.

No comments: